The GMHA will be hosting 2 Free (unmounted) Workshops in April and a 2 Day Mounted Clinic in July. Green Mountain Horse Association 5491 South Road, VT, United States Please see their website for details: gmhainc.org
April 07/ 2018 Free Spring Workshop – TREC Orienteering
April 21 /2018 Free Spring Workshop – TREC Obstacles
July 6-8 / 2018 TREC Clinic – Trail Obstacles and Orienteering
Challenge Yourself to Something New! Riders and Auditors Welcome!
TREC is an international equestrian sport that tests the skills, confidence, and abilities of horses and riders or driving teams over various terrains and obstacles. The 3 phases of a Ridden TREC competition include Trail Orienteering, Control of Paces, and a Cross-Country Obstacle Course. The 2 Phases of a Driven TREC competition include Driven Orienteering and Driven Obstacles.
- Kim Stoddard, TREC-USA President, 2016 TREC World Championships Chef D’Equipe & 2012 World Championships Competitor
- Tim Thomas, TREC-USA Director, TREC Delegate and International Judge
- Lee Ann Bunn, TREC-USA Northeast Representative and International Judge
All Ages/All Levels/All Disciplines/All Breeds. Helmets must be worn while mounted. Negative Coggins & Rabies required.
- Friday: 6-8pm Pizza, Presentation and Evening Q&A
- Saturday: 9am-3pm – Learn all about the Orienteering Phase and have fun finding your way on a course with a map and compass. Auditors will learn how to serve as a checkpoint official and time the start/finish. Lunch & snacks will be provided.
- Sunday: 9am-3pm – Learn about the Control of Paces and Obstacle Phases and practice each with your horse. Auditors will learn how to judge these phases. Lunch & snacks will be provided.
Overnight stabling is available for your horse. Camping is not allowed on the grounds July 6-8, but local accommodations abound for riders/auditors, including our Ranch House.